Teach in New York City Area
Independent School Placement recruits teachers and administrators for very rigorous college preparatory independent schools in New York City, its suburbs, and New Jersey. These schools can be structured as pre-K-8 and pre-K-12.
IF WE SELECT YOU AS A POTENTIAL CANDIDATE ACCORDING TO THE JOB DESCRIPTIONS POSTED BY THESE SCHOOLS, WE WILL CONTACT YOU FOR AN INTERVIEW.
REGRETTABLY, WE CANNOT REPLY INDIVIDUALLY TO EVERY APPLICANT.>
We charge our applicants NO FEE of any kind for registration; our placement fee is paid by the schools.
At ISP we match a candidate with specific school openings. Schools ask for our candidates because they know we interview everyone we represent. From 2012-2014, we have placed our candidates in the following independent schools: Berkeley Carroll, Brearley, Browning, Buckley, Cathedral, Chapin, Collegiate, Sacred Heart, Dalton, Dwight, Dwight-Englewood, Friends, Grace Church, Hackley, Heschel, Hewitt, Horace Mann, LREI, Morristown-Beard, Nightingale Bamford, Packer, Poly Prep, Riverdale, St. Bernard's, St. Hilda's & St. Hugh's, Spence, Trevor Day, Trinity.
Ten Reasons to teach in a
New York independent school
- New York City as your resource: universities, museums, music, theater and more
- motivated and enthusiastic students
- small classes
- collaborative and inspiring colleagues
- salaries competitive with NYC public schools
- financial support for graduate study and professional development
- a caring community
- a voice in shaping the curriculum
- opportunities for advancement in administration
- parent support and involvement